Steering Committee Student Leader
If you have a student and would like to nominate him/her for this opportunity please have them to complete the attached application and return the completed packet to me by close of business Friday, August 28th 2015. We will notify the selected student via email no later than Friday, September 18th 2015.
Morehouse School of Medicine included in its Historically Black Colleges and Universities-Center for Excellence (HBCU-CFE) proposal a plan to establish a Steering Committee. As stated in the proposal, the Steering Committee would consist of six to eight members who would serve in an advisory capacity with participation in program planning and sustainability planning.
Function and Responsibilities:
- Advise the HBCU-CFE Project Director and Co-Project Director on matters related to HBCU-CFE program activities
- Advise the HBCU-CFE on the needs of HBCUs as it relates to behavioral health workforce development, curricula development, campus services and behavioral health promotion
- Serve as an advocate and resource to the HBCU-CFE including identifying existing resources to assist the HBCU-CFE in serving the HBCU community
- Participate in information dissemination about activities of the HBCU-CFE
- Provide recommendations to the HBCU-CFE Project Director and Co-Project Director regarding future HBCU-CFE activities
- Participate in HBCU-CFE sustainability planning
If you have any questions, please contact us.